Monday, February 06, 2006

Stripe me wild

How cool is the Wild Stripes Baby Blanket from knitty???

Here it is, all pinned out on the guest bed:


Here's a close up of the embroidery:


I lined in in blue fleece with dark blue piping, and I think it looks good! It's very warm - I could use one of these.

I started a new pair of socks (amazing, I know) from the awesome Sensational Knitted Socks book. It's the twisted rib cable with faggoting pattern (that's very long - it needs a new name - TRCWF. Terk-woof. Hmmmm.) Anyway, it's a nice sock. The yarn is KnitPicks sock garden, and it's soft!

The sock poses on the piano:


The sock says "close up, dammit!"


I'm a sheep and I joined the Knitting Olympics. I'm on the Sock Team USA. I'm feeling a little crazy, so I'm knitting a pair of socks for FavoriteSpouse, plus a pair for the girl-child. In 16 days. Pop. That was the sound of my head exploding.

Go team!

3 Comments:

Blogger Corgimom said...

Your baby blanket is adorable! I knit the baby blanket from the SnB book and about went crazy- it took a long boring time. But your blanket is really beautiful- tempting...The sock is great and "hot" looking too!
-corgimom

9:45 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

fantastic job on the blanket! it looks professionally done!

1:39 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Your baby blanket is awesome! I did the same one as a gift for a friend, and lined mine with a cute cotton knit print. I'm ready to embroider, but it'll have to wait until after the Olympics (I'm on the sock team, too)!

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home