Wednesday, November 09, 2005

It's been a long time coming...

This post, that is! We got a "quit playing on the Internet" warning at work, and I think that applies to blogging, which really cramps my blogging style.

Some pics for you...
I got lots of sock knitting done on the planes for my Canada trip. These pictures were obviously not taken on a plane. Although, I did teach my boss (a guy) how to cast on during the trip, so I kind of wish I had a picture of that...




I've also made it to the armhole shaping on back of the Grace cable cardigan. Love this sweater - want about 10 of them. It's done using Shine cotton from knitpicks, so the whole thing costs about $25, and it's so soft...love it love it love it...



I have work knitting now too, because I'm doing a training class, and all the lectures are on DVD. So I can hole up in a conference room, listen to the boring lectures, and knit! That knitting is another sock - the cable and rib sock from Interweave Knits, done in Sock Landscape from knitpicks.com.

I've missed SnB for 2 weeks now and am going through withdrawal. Must knit with knitterly friends!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That picture there is of the Cable & Rib sock, right? Which Interweave is that? If I don't have it, I need to get it. I like that pattern.

I have missed SnB for *counts* 5 weeks. I am sad. December will be here soon enough, and I will be back in black, baby.

After I typed that I realized I WILL be back in black...in the new black car. Weeee!

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those socks look great! I LOVE the colors.

6:56 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

I need SnB too--and I need to loosen up. I did not get to come this week, Paul was outta town.

Last time I was so prickly.....I know I insulted at least one person. And I was wrong to do it. I REALLY need to get out more. I have forgotten how to talk to people.

7:52 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

The sock pictured is actually the Gull Wing sock pattern from the Socks Socks Socks book. But I would recommend the cable and rib pattern as well - it's gorgeous and is really easy to do.

-Melanie

9:02 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

the cabling is stunning in that sweater -- do you use a cable needle or do the nifty trick of cabling w/out a cable needle?

(I love my word verification -- it's "nutafnu"!)

8:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's some awesome sockies.

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home