Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Year!

My new year's resolution should be to blog more, but I know I won't, so why bother? And I don't believe in new year's resolutions...

Here's a better one - knit stuff that fits! Like this:



ChicKnits Eyelet Cardi - KnitPicks Elegance in oatmeal and cornflower. Bonne Marie always comes through for me. I lengthened the sleeves, and omitted the eyelets. The color change is done when the sleeves are joined to the body. Hip hip hooray for sweaters that fit!

I'm also working on the Wild Stripes baby blanket from knitty. It's pretty cool. And I'm about halfway done with the first Embossed Leaves sock from Interweave. Fun knits galore! Out with the drab, in with the fab!

5 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Happy New Year Melanie!! I love your cardi - it looks fabulous on you. I might have to take another look at that pattern and do one for myself.

Hope you can make it to Unraveled this week (Wednesday) - it'd be good to see you again.

12:12 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Nice cardi! Always classic, our Bonne Marie.

I am just coming out of my school/xmas frenzy. I planned on making a few Xmas gifts and turned out about 28 of them. Whoa!

I love that blanket pattern--cannot wait to see it in progress.

7:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You and your mad skillz.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Bonne Marie said...

Happy New Year Melanie! How wonderful you look in your beautiful creation - I love the two colors together - and you did such a smoooooooooooooth job knitting.

May all your dreams come true in the coming year!

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a clever girl you are! Who taught you to knit so well???

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home