Monday, November 14, 2005

Another day, another sock

I tried to take a picture of the two gull wing socks together, but the light isn't good. So, you'll just have to trust me that there are two socks.



Here's a (bad) picture of the cable and rib sock from Fall 2005 Interweave Knits:



You can't at all see the cable and rib pattern, but when it's stretched out it's more visible. I've said it before and I'll say it again - socks are difficult to photograph.

I'm almost done with the armhole shaping on the back of the cabled Grace cardigan. As soon as I run out of yarn, I'll order more from knitpicks, as well as for the two-toned Eyelet Cardi for which I also ran out of yarn.

I finally get to go to SnB tomorrow night! Whoo hoo! Miss the Panera and the crazy knitters!

3 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

I am completely in love with those gull wing socks! What yarn is that?

Add these to my never ending list of sock patterns to try. :)

11:32 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

The socks look brilliant--I bet the cardigans are really nice too!

I have really missed Panera too--no fun last week, Paul was outta town.

I'm going deep into my holiday knitting soon--all current projects to be abandoned. I counted at least 10 left to go--oh wait, I forgot the teachers. Maybe 13 left to go. But I finished 9 already....

See you tonight-

7:36 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

The gull wing socks were done in my favorite sock yarn - Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock, in Tuscany. I love that yarn!

The cable and rib sock is being done in sock landscape from knitpicks. It's a thicker sock yarn, which is a nice change from the Lorna's Laces. And it's about a fifth of the price!

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home