Thursday, August 18, 2005

Ribby Ribby Ribby all the time

Not much to report on the knitting front today - last night at Unraveled I worked the first 2" of the Ribby Shell, and when I got home I did another few rows. I'm to the plain front and back, so there's less ribbing. I hate knitting ribbing. Well, not "hate," but I'd rather not do it. I'm getting gauge (by going down 3 needle sizes), but I think it will be too big, as the smallest size is 37" around. I need more like 35". If I were smart, I'd tinker with the pattern to make it work. I think by now we've established that I am not smart. So we'll see how it goes. I may make it too long and try to (gasp) shrink it.

And I got to the cables on the cable and rib socks. I think they'll look great in the Lorna's Laces "Cool" colorway. Love the socks.

Maybe some pictures tomorrow, but don't expect anything exciting. I gave you fair warning!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, never is a very strong word. Let's just say "not in my lifetime" (will I knit with dp needles).

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home