Monday, August 15, 2005

Put an interesting title here

I'm almost done with my first self-designed sock! Yesterday I turned the heel and worked all the way down to the toe. Tonight I'll do the toe and make any adjustments to the pattern, and then email the pattern to my test knitters/guinea pigs! I really like this sock. I'm using Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock yarn, which I love - I have a few other hanks, and I'm just waiting for the arrival of my swift to get them into usable form.

Speaking of the queue, I only have one project on needles right now! Must cast on for something else...I think it will be the Ribby Shell, since I have everything I need for it. It's certainly hot enough for a sleeveless sweater! I'm planning on working it up in Knitpicks Crayon. I'm not sure how that will work, but we'll see.

I'm very intrigued by the new fall yarns from Knitpicks. Lots of new colors, and some bulky yarns too. Very nice! Knitpicks continues to be my favorite yarn pusher, especially for basics.

Check out the gallery for new pictures of the gull wing socks and the ballerina wrap sweater.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the ribby shell would look great in crayon! It would have some interesting texture. What color are you doing it in?

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home