Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Good news and bad news

Good news first: I finished sock #1 last night. I updated the pattern this morning and sent it out to the test knitters. Whoo hoo! After knitting the damn sock 4 times before I got it right, I'm pretty tired of the sock. I love the sock, but I'm tired of it.

Here's the bad news: I cast on for the Ribby Shell in Crayon. Um, no. I didn't even knit the first round before I decided that I cannot knit a whole adult sized garment in the stuff. It's nice and all, but it splits. Which is too bad, because I think it would have looked OK as a summer shell. And thinking back on it now, I kind of think I might give it another go. Because it would be pretty, and maybe not as fuzzy as I first thought. I can convince myself of just about anything if I try hard enough.

But I digress. I tore out the Crayon cast on, and instead used the Elegance I had bought for the Plum Shrug. But then I realized that an alpaca shell is maybe not the thing I'm looking for when it's 100 degrees outside. Oh yeah, that would be cotton. Like the Crayon yarn. Damn.

So. Here's the plan. Get more of the Elegance to make the ChicKnits Eyelet Cardigan. Cause I can always use another one of those. Try for the Ribby Shell again in the Crayon yarn. Scrap the Plum Shrug. And get the damn pattern for the Rowan Grace Cardigan that I've had the yarn for all summer.

I feel better now.

Oh yeah, some answers to questions:

Heather asked about the color of the Crayon yarn. It's green. Very green. Like this green:



Sarah asked: I'm curious, actually. Do you have some good bulkyweight patterns/suggestions?

Unfortunately I have none. I need to go through my stack of magazines and look for something. When I run across something I like, I'll be sure to add it to my list.

C'mon, folks, hit me with some more! (Shameless, I know...)

4 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

There' the Hot lava cardigan here: http://bluealvarez.com/bluealva/patterns/hotlava.html I'm going to knit it up with some awesome green manos.

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep plowing along with the crayon. I'm sure you'll get used to it and after you get the rows all set up it will go quicker with less splitting..maybe! That color will look fantastic on you, and if it's not going to be the ribby shell, why not the chickami. That would be cute too! :)

7:49 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

I have to agree-retry the Crayon. You would work around the splitti-ness. Plus, its a sheel. No sleeves--should go pretty fast. And so wearable!

Cast on for the sock last night--I got gauge on 1s. The pattern looks cool--I love the descriptions, they give the sock more interest/heart/background. Way cool!

5:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I picked up more cottontots for a long sleeved sweater - again in yellow to supplement the leftovers from the short sleeved one. This will have (maybe) more cables and doggie buttons!

Also, restocked with crayon colors for another "school" sweater - I'll be asking for dimensions when I get started.

- Yo Momma

Good luck with the socks - you know, I just LOVE knitting with all those needles... why didn't I think of it before? Oh, I did, silly me.... 30 years ago.

Stitch on...

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home