Monday, August 29, 2005

Gauge has kicked my ass

Again. Gauge will be the death of me. After 9" of the cable and rib sock, I thought "This looks pretty skinny. I don't know that this will fit over my foot." I was right. I hate when that happens. Check the gauge. Dammit. NOT CORRECT. Rip. Rip. Rip. MAKE A GAUGE SWATCH.

Sigh.

So now I've restarted the sock on size 3 needles instead of size 1. It doesn't look as nice, because the stitches are kind of wonky on bigger needles, but I'm thinking a good blocking should take care of that. And, it might actually fit. Imagine that.

Ribby shell continues - 10" of the body is done. I leave for LA tomorrow, so I'll have some knitting time on my trip. I'm taking my laptop and camera, so hopefully I'll have some travel blogging.

Here's a picture of my mom's first (and last) pair of socks.


Leave me a comment and tell her how nice they are, so maybe she'll make some more.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Too bad about CAP's hermiting. Have a ball, Ambassador!!

4:35 PM  
Blogger onealees said...

Hey Melanie's mom...you're socks look great!

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home