Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Things are conspiring against me...

I finished Ribby last week. I've been a slacker and haven't taken a picture, because I want one outside so the light is good. I tried to take one this morning, only to find out (once I'd walked through all the wet sand on the deck from the sandbox) that the batteries in my camera were dead. OK, so back to the kitchen, look for more batteries...there are none. Foiled! So the battery charger and camera went to work so I can take a picture tonight at SnB. And hopefully tonight I will remember to upload all the pictures I've taken but done nothing with, so I can post them.

Then I stubbed my toe on the wall. Then I whacked my knee on the kitchen cabinet. It was not a good morning.

BUT, I'm making progress on my projects and that makes me happy. (See links to the right.) I'm forcing myself to work on the goldfish sweater, and I'm thinking it might not look as bad as I thought. I will try to finish it this week!

I have another 2 inches on the Broadripple sock before the toe decreases. Of course, then I have the other sock to make...

I'm slowly working my way up the XBack tank. I'm about halfway through the body, and am seriously considering using ribbon for the straps. Working 4 stitches back and forth, back and forth, back and...you get the point. Speaking of point, after all that, I might just put the point of my needle through my eye. Ribbon is looking pretty good.

I swatched for Crumpets last night, and am really happy with the KnitPicks Shine cotton! Damn, you can't beat the price. I will stop at Michael's today and get some beads for it.

And of course, I ordered more yarn. I got more Shine cotton in grey from KnitPicks to make the Rowan Grace cabled cardigan (link to right because I'm too lazy to link in here), and Elegance in oatmeal to make the Plum Shrug. But hey, the shipping was free.

SnB tonight!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home