Thursday, April 28, 2005

Harumph. After looking at the Goldfish Sweater about 300 times, I've decided that a number of things were wrong - the short rows for shoulder shaping were incredibly wonky, and I hadn't gone far enough on the shoulders. It would have made for ridiculously small arms.

So, I ripped. I've decided short rows are unnecessary (we'll see if that's true) and I need to go at least an inch longer on the shoulders. I'm back on track and hopefully this thing will all come together!

As an escape from the endless miles of stockinette, I've gotten to the eyelet/cable pattern on the Adrienne Vittadini sweater. It's really very easy, but we'll see how easy it remains when I've started the raglan shaping in pattern. I think it will be a beautiful sweater when it's done, though, and I will be sorry that it will be about 90 degrees here when it's finished. Probably too hot to wear wool silk.

Once I get further into the pattern and it begins to emerge, I'll take some pictures and post them.

It's almost Friday!


Post a Comment

<< Home