Thursday, June 02, 2005

I am STPD

I'm going to run out of yarn. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! I'm just now getting to the raglan shaping on the Ribby sleeve, and I'm through a ball of yarn. I only bought 2. It's not going to work. And of course no one carries Reynolds Saucy in stores (at least not around here), so I had to order another ball. Shipping cost more than the ball of yarn. Aarrrggggghhhhhh.

To make myself feel better, I bought a ball of Lion Brand Magic Stripes and a set of bamboo (gasp) needles and cast on for a sock. It's a happy sock. Not pleased with the bamboo, but I knew I wouldn't be. I'm an anti-needle snob. I like the good ol' metal ones, none of this fancy bamboo stuff for me.

Good news - the goldfish sweater is off the needles! And it fits Julie! I had her try it on when she was visiting. I wove in the ends before SnB on Tuesday, and now I need to dupe-stitch the goldfish on and it'll be done. And none too soon - I have too many things going on right now.

I'm headed to LA next week, hopefully meeting up with some SnB'ers there. Travel knitting is a tricky thing, as Bonne Marie can tell you. I can't take anything too complicated, or anything too big. So I'm thinking I'll take the Ribby sleeve, a sock, and maybe the XBack tank that I can't seem to make any progress on. That should give me some variey during my 6 hours of flying.

Pictures of progress soon, and birthday pictures!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for joining us tonight at the LA SnB. So good to meet you!

3:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, thanks for coming last night. It was great to meet you. Be sure to stop by the next time you're in LA.

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home