Monday, August 07, 2006

Pomatomous is fun to say

And fun to knit! The Pomatamous socks are done and I love them.



Now I'm starting on some cable Socks That Rock...



On the left is Farmhouse, which I'm using now, and the right is Seal Rock.

My parents moved last week, and when I was at their house, my mom brought out some old knitting stuff that belonged to her aunt. She had some really interesting needles - the package says these are Boye "knitting pins." I'm not sure if there is a difference between pins and needles, but these are really cool.







The cord, which is usually plastic, is metal! So there is almost no join to snag! My lace sings with joy. I haven't tried them yet, but hopefully soon.

Oh, go over and give Mira some comment love - she's a little stressed out.

7 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Your Pomatomus look great! Kudos! And those knitting pins are way cool! You'd probably get a pretty penny for them on ebay, but if you're like me, you'd never sell them. Enjoy!

Okay, on my way to Mira's now! ;-)

5:02 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

STR! Love that. The pins too--EZ refers to knitting pins in her books all the time. NOW I know why. Addis would be jealous of that join.

9:30 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Love the socks!

Calling them knitting pins started back in the 18th century (maybe before--that's just my time period), crochet hooks were called "steels".

9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pomatomous. Very lovely.

11:23 PM  
Blogger Bonne Marie said...

Wow - I love that packaging - and the beautiful craftsmanship. The Boye Co. is in Chicago and their current crop of needles really leaves something to be desired (ie. vintage needles...)

Your socks are FABULOUS! Well done!

10:50 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

I was just looking at the blue moon website and thinking that I wanted those exact colorways. Now I want them even more. I can't wait to see what you make with them.

12:09 AM  
Blogger Beatriz said...

I just saw your snowflake sock pattern. It's just beautiful. I can't wait to start knitting the beautiful snowflake lace pattern. Many thanks.

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home