Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Smoke detectors suck

I'm log cabining to beat the band (whatever that means). The moderne baby blanket grows...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I think I need a longer needle, because I'm getting to over 100 stitches and it's getting crowded. I use the Boye Needlemaster set, and you can attach two cables together, but when I do that, it's never in a straight line. So I might have to cave and actually BUY needles.

I'm considering buying one of the new Knitpicks needles - they look like the points are nice and, well, pointy, and the joins look good. The joins on the Needlemasters are really big, which is a pain when knitting lace.

Oh, and by the way, I hate smoke detectors. Ours all went off a'wailing at about 5 AM. After checking everything, we noticed that one was blinking more than the others. So we checked the battery. That stopped the wailing, but then it started chirping every 30 seconds. Not a quiet chirp either. We tried for like an HOUR to change that damn battery, but it kept chirping. We gave up and, because it was almost time to get up anyway, got ready. Then I started thinking (not something I normally do at 5AM) and decided to try another battery. Lo and behold, we had been trying to put a broken battery in - no wonder it didn't work. (Remember, it was 5AM and my neurons were not all firing.) I put in another battery (the last 9V in the house) and -THANK GOD- it worked.

So, I really hate smoke detectors. Especially at 5AM.

2 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

I have ripped them off the ceiling at 5 am. Not good. I am completely clumsy at that time....and not thinking straight. Your pain is our pain.

6:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ordered some of the Knitpicks needles last month and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them. The cable is virtually memoryless so you don't struggle with the needles wanting to bend or twist against you. And they are nice and pointy! I only ordered a couple sizes to see if I would like them. Since I can't seem to put them down, I think I will be ordering the complete set (they offer a package price for a full set), maybe a Christmas present to myself.... ;)

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home