Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Fourth of July, or, Fireworks are Fun

Happy belated Fourth of July!

This past weekend was busy - my roommate Julie came down for a visit, which included TWO missed connections in the lovely Laguardia airport. Unfortunately, both were the last flight out, so she got to spend a night on USAir's tab at a hotel on each end of her trip. That happened to me once, and they put me up in some hole motel about 20 minutes away - luckily they put her up in a nice hotel right by the airport. Travel woes aside, we had fun going to the pool and to Potomac Mills to the mall and IKEA which is my new favorite store. I could go crazy in there (I was good this time, but only because I don't have a bigger car).
Picture proof of Julie with her goddaughter...




I worked on Monday, and Tuesday was lots of fun. Our neighborhood had a parade (which we skipped because it was almost 100 degrees outside) and a pool party. We played in the pool for a while, Ainsley took a nap, and then we went to fireworks at the Fairgrounds with a bunch of neighbors. The kids had a great time sitting in the back of the trucks (and the adults had fun too).







I do have some knitting going on...I ordered some TLC Cotton Plus for a new blanket for Ainsley and I started the Moderne Baby Blanket from Mason Dixon Knitting. It's Dora colors - pink, white and purple. I'll work on pictures.

The lace stole gets longer (you'll have to trust me - lace is boring to photograph), and I'm down to the heel on the second garter rib sock. The other log cabin blanket is on hold until I finish up Ainsley's blanket.

Huzzah for short work weeks!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how I'm still your roommate eventhough we haven't lived together for five years.
The fireworks looks like a good time. Hopefully they were full of records!

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home