Monday, June 19, 2006

Another day, another sock

It's Monday. Days like this make me wish I stayed at home...it's sunny and hot - a perfect pool day. Sitting in front of my monitor at work is cruel. But I don't see anyone about to pay me for sitting at the pool, so at work I will remain.

Knitting! I finished the first garter rib sock over the weekend:



Because I'm kind of tired of working on this pattern, I put this guy away and started on the Pomatomus sock. I'm using some great yarn from Ellen's Half Pint Farm. This is a pretty crazy pattern, but I like a challenge.

I worked on the hanging garden stole a little - it just seems to take forever. I like knitting lace, once I'm actually working on it, but getting myself to actually START working on it is tough. But it's slowly getting longer. It's a 47-row chart that you repeat 12 tiems. I'm almost done with repeat 2. Ack.

I did get the design project in to Debbie Stoller for her next book. The last time I submitted something (and was rejected) she got back to me pretty quickly. So if this one gets shot down too, I should know soon. Then I'll take it around to Knitty or Magknits. Fingers crossed!

4 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

Fingers crossed for the submissions....we are off to the country for the week in a bit. So much to do. FaveSpouse has already started his vacation with a round of golf. I am packing yarn.

See you next week!

9:53 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

The sock is gorgeous! I'm still chompin' at the bit for the July MagKnits. Can't wait to see your pattern!

8:06 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

The garter rib sock is beautiful! Love the colors, love the pattern.

9:58 PM  
Blogger DustBunniesCanWait said...

Wish you lots of luck! Hope it gets accepted this time :D

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home