Monday, May 08, 2006

That's a lotta yarn

But first, a cute kid in a sweater:



I stopped the neck shaping because it was getting awfully small, and steeked a slit in the back so she can get her head through. Ainsley chose to pair it with orange pants.

What else am I working on?



Hanging Garden Lace Stole in Shimmer.

Also, the Ruffles scarf from Scarf Style gets longer. This picture was almost a week ago (I'm a little behind) so it's even longer now.



And then there was Sheep and Wool 2006. People, it's a LOT OF YARN. And sheep. And people. We drove up Friday night (in the rain), ate dinner, and planned our attack. We decided that Koigu was the first stop of the day, where Suzanne dove in and didn't come up for air for about an hour. Insanity. But she scored a good load of Koigu, so it was worth it. While she was doing that, I was enhancing the stash in a major way.



Over the course of two days, I acquiried all you see above. It was a good weekend.

1 and 2 - Cotton from Davidson Corp. People. There is about 9,000 yards of yarn there. Guess what it cost. I dare you. As Suzanne would say, I Dukes of Hazzard dare you. It cost TWENTY EIGHT DOLLARS. For the whole thing. Granted, it's really thin so I'll have to double or triple it, but it was TWENTY EIGHT DOLLARS. I'm thinking sweaters for me and for Chris.

3 and 4 - Sock yarn from Cherry Tree Hill. Very nice.

5 - Bearfoot sock yarn by Mountain Colors. Mohair makes it feel nice.

6 - Sock yarn by Claudia Handpainted Yarns. I've heard a lot of bloggers wax poetic about this yarn, so it was a good find.

7 - 4,000 yards of wool from The Little Barn. 20 balls (@ $2.29 a ball) - it was the most space-consuming purchase of the day. This will be (eventually) a log cabin blanket a la Mason-Dixon Knitting.

8 - Sock yarn from Ellen's Half Pint Farm.

9 - Sock yarn from Fleece Artist. Almost none of this to be found at the festival, so I was pretty happy with finding this.

10 - Ribbon yarn from Tess' Designer Yarns. I ordered a tank pattern from them for this yarn, which should arrive next week.

11 - Sock yarn/baby yarn, also from Tess' Yarns. This will be a baby kimono.

We did head for some Socks that Rock but were foiled. By 10:30 on Saturday, they had 3 hanks left. Mary bought one (or two?) but I guess we'll have to wait for next year.

WHEW! That, my friends, is a lotta yarn. It was a great trip - I hope to have more pictures soon (I was a picture slacker, so I'm depending on others to provide more visual evidence), but for now I have these:


Suzanne knits on the hill.


Mira makes pregnancy look good.


Blogger meetup on the hill - bloggers in the wild.

Here's to next year!

3 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

It looks like a lot of fun, and your new stash is amazing!

7:05 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

I General Lee dare ya!

Glad the new stash did not cover the WHOLE queen size bed....then you would have some real explaining to do. I love those #s in the picture....must shamelessly copy your genius.

What a great weekend!

6:56 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Good overview of the weekend! Feel free to steal pictures from my blog. I still need to post the Sunday pictures -- tomorrow, for sure.

Oh, and Ainsley's sweater is adorable on her. I'm even more impressed with your mad knitting skillz since you threw that scary "steek" word in there!

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home