Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Just for you, Suzanne...

Suzanne's question: Love the sweater--and the sock! I'm planning on staring a broadripple this week (with yarn from MS&W). How does it fit--is it firm on your foot and leg or way stretchy?

The sock is pretty firm on the foot. When I was knitting it, I thought "How will this ever fit on a foot?" But it does fit nicely - the pulling allows you to see the yarn over pattern. And the KnitPicks Dancing yarn makes a crazy pattern.

The broadripple pattern is so easy, and I would definitely recommend it to a friend :-)

Suzanne also asked: And now on to the kids sweater--I did not even know you were working on that. I LOVE it and want to make one too--maybe 2. What's the pattern? Is it in the round?

The pattern is here: http://knitting.about.com/library/blbabyswe9.htm

I warn you, it's an easy pattern, but written badly. The Math doesn't line up. But if you charge ahead, and pay no attention to how many stitches she says you should have after your increases, you'll do OK. It's written for babies. I would not recommend it to a friend.

And the yellow cardigan on Ainsley below? My MOM made it ;-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My own personal entry! I am sooo special!

And i got the message. Make the socks and skip the sweater. Roll on Broadripple!

New knitty is out today...

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home