Tuesday, March 07, 2006

FO fo sho

For your viewing pleasure, one Finished Object...



It's the Rippling Waters Scarf from Fiddlesticks Knitting. I'm anxious to see how the angora "blooms" - right now, it's still kind of stiff. I hear it relaxes though, and I'm tempted to buy some more from Kimmet Croft Fibers when she's back at Maryland Sheep and Wool in May. Love the bunnies!

I'm a roaming gnome this month for work, racking up a large dollar figure of travel as I jet in oh-so-comfortable "business" class back and forth to Florida a few times, and then to scenic Regina, Saskatchewan. People, it's COLD up there. But, the good news is, there are 3 knitting shops on google maps within 3 blocks of my hotel. I may have to knit myself a damn coat, because I don't think mine will be heavy enough.

What else do I have for you?

I have 2 yarn pancakes of wool from Mystical Creation Yarns, who, apparently, are not taking orders anymore. Honestly, I like the yarn, but it took them almost 5 weeks to get it to me, and multiple emails asking where it was. Hopefully they're catching up on their orders and getting a better process in place, because their yarn is beautiful.



That yarn is for the famous Clapotis, which currently looks like this:



I'm getting excited in a nervous sort of way for the dropped stitches. Yes, people, dropping stitches gets me excited. Don't laugh.

I'm almost done with a(nother) pair of socks - I should have them finished tonight and pictures to you tomorrow. Gotta keep 'em wanting more, you know?

But, I did get this in the mail today...



Oh Knitpicks, how I love thee, and thy inexpensive but high-quality yarn...let me count the ways...

That's enough for tonight. Tune in tomorrow for crazy socks and probably a cat picture or two.

6 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

Ooohhh.......where do I start?

Love the lace scarf, love the clap (dropping stitches is like cabling....you love to get to the cable row, then you knit so you can do it again!!!) The yarn is truly tasty.

Now, you gotta break it down for us, all that Knitpicks goodness. I see two sock yarns, some cotton and some merino? And what projects???!

Enjoy the yarn shopping in Canada....home of KOIGU!

7:57 AM  
Blogger Jenny Raye said...

What is that beautiful yarn on the right--three skeins--simply gorgeous colors!

8:22 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

The scarf is just beautiful -- great job! :-)

8:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The lace shawl is fantastic. Adam got me A Gathering of Lace for my birthday. I am so looking forward to making something from it. I hope mine turns out as well as yours did!

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used Mystical Creations for my Clapotis, too ~ I am glad to see you got tow hanks because I have a slightly pentagonal Clap!

Maggi
http://maggi.typepad.com/maggistitches

10:39 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

The clapotis looks great! I found dropping stitches to be oddly satisfying when I knit this pattern. Have fun.

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home