Monday, March 13, 2006

On the Road Again...

This time to Raleigh, Charlotte and Tampa. The next two weeks are going to be crazy. On top of all the travel, Ainsley is sick - just a fever we think, but still...ugh.

Busy weekend - not a lot of knitting though. We went to the Metro Richmond Zoo, which was kind of cool. Ainsley said the penguins were her favorites, and I'm inclined to agree. Chris and I took down the ugly flourescent light in our kitchen and over the course of two days and some help from our neighbor, managed to hang a pretty cool pendant light:



Hooray for home improvement!

In knitting news, the clap is getting bigger, and I'm about halfway done with the body of a baby sweater. Suzanne asked what projects the yarn from KnitPicks will be for...



The pink Shine is for a baby, but not mine. A co-worker just got news that her adoption from China is going to happen in April, so it's quick get-ready-for-baby time, so that means a hand-knit. The sock yarn is for, you guessed it, socks. The blue yarn is for socks as well, and the Shimmer is for the Hanging Garden Lace Stole. Whew!

I did bring my camera on my trip, so maybe some pictures tomorrow...

2 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

Nice one! Pink sweaters for babies are always a good idea. Shimmer lace and socks also meet with my approval.

Sick kid no good. My neighbors have all had the barfing thing. We do not have it yet, but I live in fear. I hate the barfing thing.

I guess I should show my current stash enhancement--all due for knitting up SOON. I did Knitpicks AND a yarn sale this week. Party on wayne! Party on garth!

6:58 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Oh, that stole is going to be gorgious! Can't wait to see you knit it up!

-Mary

P.S. I got my Shimmer in the mail today, too! Wow, is that stuff soft! I think mine might become a Clapotis. Or some other shawl....

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home