Monday, February 18, 2008

I loves the socks

I finished my Cherry Tree Hill toe-up socks...they're a little big, but they work. I finished the second sock using two circulars, which is new for me too. I was hoping it would be less fiddly, but, as we discussed at knitting, it's just different fiddly.



But it's new enough to try on another pair of socks - Slippery Socks in Socks that Rock (Seal Rock). I'm hoping I don't run out of yarn...I checked a few people who have done the same sock in this yarn, and they both said they almost ran out of yarn...I lengthened the cuff a little, so I might have to rip back and do the cuff the standard length. Running out of yarn is the WORST.




I also ordered a sock monkey bag from ZigZagStitches on Etsy...



And the kids are both getting bigger...




(Ignore the snot, it's cold season!)

3 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

I'm not so sure about running out of yarn.....I made Jaywalkers with Seal Rock and it was ok (having said that, the gauge was kinda loose and maybe I did not use a standard amount of yarn....)

I do have a ping pong ball size left of the yarn if you need it--I made baby booties out of the yarn too and that's my remainder.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Cute socks, cute kids! :-)

2:01 PM  
Blogger Bonne Marie said...

Oh, I don't know what's cuter, the Slippery socks OR the KIDS KIDS KIDS! (Love the top-knot!)

And you know, little bubbles on the babies is always so sweet! My mom has a picture of me with lip bubble that is quite possible my favorite ever now that I'm a big girl ;p

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home