Monday, November 06, 2006

Kimono-ono-ono

Kimono is just a fun word to say.

Here's the baby Kimono from Interweave (I don't remember which one - I think Spring of some year...)



It's for a little girl down the street about to be born any day. The yarn is Baby Superwash Sock from Tess' Designer Yarns. It took one skein, and I thought I was going to run out, which caused a slight panic as there is almost no way to get another skein, but I finished with a little to spare. It's cute, and very soft.

Ainsley has been sick with strep throat (although she never once complained that her throat actually hurt - weird) and antibiotics cleared that right up. So she's back in school, I'm back at work, and all is (relatively) right with the world.

After finishing the baby kimono, I started on a Ribby Cardigan, but it'll be a cropped version, to allow for the growing belly. I'm done with the back, and almost done with the first sleeve (I like to split up my sleeve knitting, or I'd go crazy with all that ribbing). Pictures? No way! Pictures don't seem to happen until long after the product is completed. Considering how often I post, you'll probably get a completed Ribby picture next time.

5 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

I love the color of the Kimono - Tess does great dying!

12:19 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Great colour on the kimono! The strep throat thing sucks. Don't feel bad, I had a friend who had a little boy that was prone to ear infections. but he didn't complain about pain. At a certain point, he would be deaf because of the infectiona and his mom would have to look directly at him and ask "do your ears hurt?" and he would nod and off to the doctor they would go.

2:20 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

I absolutely love the Kimono, Melanie. Love the colors, love the design. Great job! I'm glad Ainsley is all better.

4:09 PM  
Blogger Elinor said...

The kimono looks great! I can't wait to see the cropped cardi!

7:30 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Beautiful! Can't wait to see Ribby!
Glad the little one is better, she's so cute.

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home