Thursday, January 18, 2007

Back from Jamaica

After a week at the Sandals resort in Ocho Rios, Jamaica, we're home. We didn't take many pictures, but here they are...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Chris sits at the pool

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Aforementioned pool (one of many)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
View from our balcony - party boat

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Another view from the balcony - people getting married

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Ocean and pier


It was fun - a royal pain getting there and getting out again, but better than hanging around VA for a week.

And there's knitting!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Circle of Friends blanket from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. Deceptive title, as I appear to be my own circle of friends...but I could have used some other people to make some of those 49 squares!

Now that I have other people's babies' knitting done, I started looking at some wee knitting of my own! I started a sweater by Kate Gilbert from the Interweave website, but I'm not sure about it. We'll see how it goes.

Next time - Ainsley's dance recital.

4 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

Love the blanket--you must have been sewing like crazy (and I know you said that you had been putting squares together as you went, but to have it finihsed and photographed--that is amazing!

Does this mean you are working on the Pea Pod Baby set from IK? I love that set (and thought about making it for Andra as well.....)

9:24 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

I got up this morning, brushed 4 inches or so of snow off the car. And now I have seen your vacation pics. I'm jealous. Great blankie too!

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to see you back! I'm very very jealous of your vacation--looks awesome. Someday I'll get back to the Caribbean. . .

Hey, I made your snowflake socks as my FIRST ever completed sock project--and I LOVE them!! The pattern was perfect--I learned all about sock construction from you. And now I'm using several books to concoct some toddler socks for a friend's daughter--picot edge (a first for me), rippled fan pattern for the leg & top of foot (also a first, from Sensational Knitted Socks). Consider yourself an official knitting muse. :-)

Hope to be able to get out to Panera soon to see you, and that growing belly!

5:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Nice job on the blanket, Melanie! And your vacation looks wonderful. Good idea to get out and have fine before the big event....

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home