Sunday, July 20, 2008

Dyeing is fun and also messy

I bought some Sock Blanks from KnitPicks and some acid dye with the intention of doing some gradated dyeing.

It worked, technically, but not exactly the results I was looking for. I think I put too much dye in, so it's not as gradated as I'd like.



You can see if you look closely that it is somewhat darker at the right end. I was looking for something more obvious. But it's very pretty, so hopefully when it knits up it will come out OK.

I bought another one and some black dye, so we'll see how that goes.

I managed not to spill any, but I did get some turquoise on my fingers, which is just now, 2 days later, starting to come off my hand. All things considered, it could have been much worse.

Enjoy the dancing!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks great - can't wait to see it in person.

Debbie

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home